Saturday, January 5, 2013

Wrapped in Gold


6x6" Oil on Stretched Linen

Tomorrow is Epiphany, so I'm wrapping up this series of Christmas paintings.  This poinsettia is wrapped in gold ribbon, surrounded by garland with white lights.  I know now how I will display next year's poinsettias.  The red leaves are backlit by the lights, giving them a lovely glow.   This particular bloom has been the star of this series.  Appropriately so, as it symbolizes the Star of Bethlehem and the blood of Christ, according to the legend of the poinsettia.  (See my January 1 post.)

2 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

It's good to find your blog by way of "30 in 30". Your work is beautiful. I love your pointsettas!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

So lovely, Pamela!

Wishing you blessings and happy painting in 2013.