Thursday, October 31, 2013

Kitchen Windowsill



12 x 16" Oil on Canvas
$400

If you follow my blog, you may remember seeing a version of this painting.  It was actually the very first painting done in my new studio, in May of 2012.  It was also the very first painting I sold online.  The vine of this peperomia plant wraps round and round, so it hangs from the windowsill like a wreath.    There are so many leaves now that I fear one day the whole pot will fall into the sink as I wash dishes.  I didn't want the pot to fall out of my painting either, so I didn't paint all the leaves.

Usually I stretch my own canvas, but this one was sitting around with this arrangement already sketched in pencil, as I did in earlier paintings.  (I now block in the composition with my brush.)

All kitchen sinks should be under a sunny window with a particularly pleasant view.



No comments: