Friday, November 7, 2014

Clay


10x8 in. Oil on Linen Panel
SOLD

Obviously, I am not completing Daily Faces in a day.  So, I was grateful to Carol Marine, when I read in her new book, DAILY PAINTING, that she doesn't paint every day, AND that many artists prefer to paint larger than 6x6" for their "daily painting", and that's ok.  Whew!  Great book, by the way.

I am very excited to be painting faces and putting light in my subjects' eyes.  I do strive to paint the personality of my subjects.  This is my nephew, Clay.  He is an outstanding teenager, gifted with talent, good looks, and great character.  The latter is the most important.  The rest is a bonus...just look at that hair!

I'm not sure how long I will be able to sustain these "Daily Faces", as I have several commissioned portraits to complete.  A nice dilemma!

No comments: