Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Tomatoes"


10" x 8" oil on stretched canvas.

These tomatoes had that unbelievable fresh aroma that you get when you pluck them right off the vine. I had to resist cutting them for my salad on Tuesday. What is really funny is that the artists I follow on dailypaintworks.com had a Tomato Tuesday. Most of the twelve artists painted tomatoes that day.

Don't you love it when you find fruit or vegetables that are so beautiful, with stems and vines, or leaves? Don't you hate it when the grocery bagger plops them in a bag and the stems break off! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela
I think your work is very atmospheric and honest. I like it.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Well done on the tomatoes.
When I visit the produce aisle, I just want to set up and paint!tvdevrno

Pamela Nichols said...

Thank you both for your kind comments. I enjoyed painting these tomatoes. They were beautiful specimens . . . quite tasty, too!