Monday, January 14, 2013

Depression Bowl & Cherries



5x7" Oil on Stretched Linen

Last night I arranged this setup with the bowl and cherries, then proceeded to paint.  I wiped the bowl off several times before going online to see if anyone had tips on painting depression glass.  What I found was that another artist had painted a green depression glass bowl with cherries, and had posted her lovely painting on  Leslie Saeta's blog for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  Honestly!  Depression glass and cherries!

I did not find any tips or demos, so I relied on principles of painting to guide me.  I almost left the cherries out to keep from appearing to be a copycat.  Glad I decided to keep them.


1 comment:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

This is beautiful, and I am sure you are familiar with the phrase 'Great minds think alike'! I have a round vase that is clear and also iridescent that I want to paint, and you are tempting me to do it for this challenge now that I have seen your gorgeous red bowl!