Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wyatt



11 x 14 in. Oil on Linen Panel
NFS

Meet Wyatt, an Australian Shepherd.  Wyatt is compelled to herd.  That's what shepherds do.  On the day I met Wyatt, I was painting in my studio with the door open.  Wyatt had herded all the people in the house (and Roman, our Cocker Spaniel) into the back yard.  As I was busy painting, Wyatt barked incessantly, insisting that I be herded with the rest of the creatures of the house.  Pretty amazing how dogs live into their natural characteristics.  Wyatt has blue eyes, and is very handsome.


2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your painting is so natural and emotionally compelling.
I related to the story. We had a Blue Heeler - another herding dog. She was bright and loyal and couldn't help but herd everyone together. I miss her. Love your painting.

Pamela Nichols said...

Thank you, Julie. Dogs give so much to us, don't they? Glad you enjoyed my painting.