Friday, October 10, 2014

"Beauty and the Beach"


24x24in.  Oil on Linen
SOLD


This little beauty is a friend who is now a beautiful young college graduate, now in her second year of grad school.  Obviously, she didn't sit for this painting!  The reference photo popped onto my Facebook page as "Someone you may know."  Inspiration!  With her permission, I used her FB cover photo as my reference.   Margeaux currently teaches Beach Yoga on Pensacola Beach.  Perfect!

I changed Margeaux's print suit (Disney's Ariel) to pink for Quayside Art Gallery's next West Gallery Show.  The theme is "Over the Underwire" for breast cancer awareness, keeping the female figure in mind.  

2 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

You have captured her beauty and spirit! Great job!

Pamela Nichols said...

Thank you, Carol. I look for the beauty and spirit of every face. It is always there!